Deprecated: Non-static method DocumentsLibrary::getInstance() should not be called statically in /home/cartridgeslaw/www/ on line 40
Gender Recognition - Cartridges Law

Gender Recognition

Please note this section is currently being updated

Under the Gender Recognition Act 2004 it is possible to apply for a Gender Recognition Certificate which will reflect the acquired gender.  For a person whose birth was registered in the UK, a Trans person will be provided with a new birth certificate in their true gender.

Family Law Partner Bridget Garrood has considerable experience in acting for Trans people both in Family Law matters and in obtaining  a Gender Recognition Certificate.  She is the only specialist in this field currently recommended by the Laurels Gender Clinic.  She can help couples to obtain an annulment of marriage on the grounds of obtaining a Gender Recognition Certificate.   In cases where the couple wishes to stay together they can simultaneously enter a Civil Partnership but will need expert advice in case they lose valuable survivor pension rights in this process.

call me back...

  • As a nervous transsexual, entering a new existence, I found everyone helpful and friendly. Thank you for helping me to change my name and start a new life.