Cartridges Law were the very first lawyers to become members of the Exeter Dementia Action Alliance and we are proud to keep supporting this work and have staff who are Dementia Friends having participated in training with Gina Awad leader of the Exeter Dementia Action Alliance. Back in 2014 Gina launched a campaign to make Exeter a dementia friendly city and she continues to do so with great success. You can follow Gina on Twitter here to keep up to date with the work she is going.
The overall aims of the Exeter Dementia Action Alliance are:
- To reduce the stigma and misconceptions of dementia by raising local awareness
- To offer regular dementia information sessions both privately for organisations as well as for the public. Additionally inspiring larger organisations to encourage an employee to attend the Dementia Friends Champion free training day to enable the initiative to be driven forward
- To promote an inclusive community, offering empowerment to those with dementia and their carers.
- To encourage youth engagement work with schools and link in with Care Homes providing essential intergenerational connections
- To gain support from local services and businesses enabling small changes that will make big differences in the community
You can keep up to date with news and events on their website by clicking here
About Dementia Friends
Alzheimer’s Society’s Dementia Friends programme is the biggest ever initiative to change people’s perceptions of dementia. It aims to transform the way the nation thinks, acts and talks about the condition.Whether you attend a face-to-face Information Session or watch the online video, Dementia Friends is about learning more about dementia and the small ways you can help. From telling friends about the Dementia Friends programme to visiting someone you know living with dementia, every action counts.
Click here to find out more if you too would like to become a Dementia Friend.